You will not believe this, but it can be easy to build a steady amount of traffic for your website. It’s not rocket science.
Here are some quick ways to build traffic:
1) Find webmasters with an interest in your niche who already browses and posts on related forums regularly. Ask the person if he is willing to add an endorsement in his signature to your business. In exchange, you could give him compensation (weekly or monthly) or give him free access to your site.
2) Hire someone to find some quality reciprocal linking partners for your business. You can use one of the popular freelancing sites, such as Guru, Elance, or Rentacoder. Make sure the person you select finds sites and secures deals without spamming – and also make sure that the person knows that you want to exchange non-directory links.
3) Promote your site to search engines with better on-page optimization. For example, you could start by conducting keyword research for your given niche. You could then optimize each page at a 1.5 – 3% density for that selected keyword. In addition, you could even add new pages to your index that function to capture visitors and hopefully get them to consider products.
4) You can consider taking a “marketing by design” approach. This approach involves creating a site that markets itself simply through its own design. For example, one type of “marketing by design” technique you can use is search engine optimization. Another form of “marketing by design” mechanism you can use is a forum or a social network.
5) For the quickest and most effective ways to get targeted, low cost traffic, use Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC Advertising) to market your business. You can do this by opening an account with Google Adwords and testing out advertisements for as little as 1 cent per click until you get the hang of it and are willing to pay more.
6) Take note before buying Banner Ads. Banner advertising has a dreadfully low conversion rate. Even if you create an excellent banner with horizontal or vertical image movements, you can still expect a conversion rate around 1 out of every 500 impressions. Do keep this in mind when you are purchasing advertising. Even if a banner advertising deal looks great, the conversion rate might be disappointing.
7) Start joint venture partnerships with other businesses in the industry. You can do this by looking out for other big sites in your niche and then contacting them. If you have to, you can use a customer service contact number to find out how you can talk to the owner of the business. Make sure you tell your partner exactly what to expect in working with you in terms of actions and benefits.
To conclude our article, take note that traffic building is a long-term strategy. While some strategies can be fast, always have a good mix of different techniques.